Save to your scrapbook
Empanadas with potato, cheese & chorizo
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
280g King Edward potatoes, peeled and diced
2 Clarence Court Burford Browns Eggs
½ x 200g pack Unearthed Smoked Cooking Chorizo
50g Waitrose 1 Keen’s Mature Farmhouse Cheddar, cubed
½ x 25g pack fresh parsley, chopped
500g pack shortcrust pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Place the potatoes in a pan of cold water, bring them to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender, then drain thoroughly. Roughly mash the potatoes in a bowl, and season with sea salt and black pepper.
2. Meanwhile, place 1 of the eggs in a separate pan and bring to the boil for about 10 minutes, then run under cold water and peel and chop.
3. Remove the skin from the chorizo and tear into the mashed potato. Add in the cubes of Cheddar, chopped egg and parsley.
4. Lightly flour a work surface and roll out the pastry to a thickness of 0.5cm. Using a 14cm cutter or bowl as a guide, cut 6 circles from the pastry (rerolling the trimmings). Wet the edges of the pastry with a little water, divide the chorizo filling between the circles, placing it in the middle of the pastry disc and folding over, crimping to seal.
5. Place the empanadas on a baking tray lined with baking parchment, brush with the remaining egg (beaten) and bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden and crisp. Serve warm with a cold beer.
Typical values per serving: