by Martha Collison
15 digestive biscuits
15 glacé cherries or sour cherries
15 Waitrose Cooks’ Homebaking Dark Chocolate Chunks
175ml condensed milk
75g desiccated coconut
1. Crush the digestive biscuits into a fine powder, either using a rolling pin or food processor, then empty into a large bowl.
2. Chop the marshmallows into quarters and add to the biscuit crumbs, along with the cherries and chocolate chunks. Stir in the condensed milk until the mixture comes together into a soft, but not wet, dough. You might need to add a little more condensed milk.
3. Spread a large piece of foil or clingfilm over a work surface and generously sprinkle over the desiccated coconut. Mould the dough into a long sausage shape, about 25cm long, then roll it in the coconut. Use your hands to press the coconut onto the outside, making sure as much sticks to the dough as possible. Don’t worry if it doesn’t all stick – as it chills it picks up more of the coconut.
4. Wrap up the dough tightly in the foil or clingfilm, and roll on the work surface to make an evenly shaped cylinder. Double wrap it to get it as tight as possible. Chill in the fridge
for at least 2 hours (or overnight) to set firmly, then slice into 15 rounds before enjoying.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 10 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 2 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Feb 18 10:16:00 GMT 2016.