1 large echalion shallot, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
30g plain flour
100ml medium sweet white wine
300ml fish stock
150g Gruyère cheese, grated
25g pack fresh parsley, finely chopped
3 x 175g packs Waitrose Raw Scallops
2 x 220g packs Waitrose Jumbo King Prawns (ready to eat)
2 x 150g packs Waitrose Kiln Roasted Scottish Salmon Slices
270g pack Jus-Rol Filo Pastry Sheets
2 tbsp dried parsley
Filo-topped scallop, prawn & salmon pies
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. For the sauce, heat 50g of the butter in a medium saucepan, add the shallot and gently cook for
3 minutes until softened but with no colour. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute until softened.
2. Stir in the flour to coat the shallots and garlic, then gradually pour in the wine and ladle in the fish stock, stirring continuously until
a thick, smooth sauce is formed.
3. Add the Gruyère and parsley with plenty of cracked black pepper. Gently stir in the scallops and cook for 2 minutes in the sauce before adding the prawns and salmon. Spoon into 6 ovenproof dishes about 14cm x 12cm x 5cm deep.
4. Melt the remaining butter. Cut
the filo sheets in half and brush with the melted butter, scattering with dried parsley as you go. Scrunch 2 pieces of pastry on top of each pie.
5. Place in the oven to cook for about 20 minutes until golden and crisp. Serve bubbling and hot.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 8 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Dec 17 10:06:00 GMT 2015.