Freekeh, quinoa & clementine salad
- Preparation time: 15 minutes + cooling
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes + cooling
250g Love Life Quick Cook Freekeh & Quinoa
2 x 140g packs red chicory, halved lengthways
1 tsp coriander seeds, toasted and crushed
28g pack coriander, stalks chopped and leaves torn
2 jalapeño chillies, 1 finely sliced into rings, 1 finely chopped (deseeded, if liked)
1 tbsp avocado oil
8 clementines, 6 sliced, 2 juiced
2 small avocados, chopped
50g Love Life Pistachios, toasted and roughly chopped
1. Toast the freekeh mix in a frying pan set over a medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes, until dark brown. Add 500ml water and boil rapidly for 5 minutes until evaporated. Gradually add more water (about 300-400ml) until the grains are tender and dry – about 5-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, set another frying pan over a high heat and cook the chicory, cut side down until slightly charred. Transfer to a bowl and cover with clingfilm and allow to wilt.
3. Mix the coriander seeds with the coriander stalks, jalapeños, avocado oil and clementine juice to make a dressing. Season well.
4. Toss the chicory with the freekeh mix, dressing and remaining ingredients. Then scatter over the pistachios and serve.