These frosted fruits can be used to decorate a Christmas pudding, too.
Frosted Fruit Decoration
- Preparation time: 20 minutes plus drying
- A selection from:
- Small apple
- Whole mini easy peeler tangerine
- Bay leaves
- Whole fig
- Cranberries (or redcurrants when available)
- Cherries with stalks
- For the frosting
- 1 egg white
- 100 g granulated sugar
- Place the egg white in a bowl and whip lightly to break up and loosen. Put the granulated sugar on a plate. Using a small pastry brush, paint the fruit and decorations first with egg white then sprinkle and dip gently in the sugar
- Place on a tray lined with non-stick baking parchment and leave to harden and dry. Arrange on the cake.