Easy to make and delicious to eat, these chocolate drops make a lovely edible gift.
Fruit & nut chocolate drops
100g Cooks’ Ingredients Dark Chocolate Chunks
100g Cooks’ Ingredients White Chocolate Chunks
For the toppings
Waitrose LOVE Life Nut & Dried Fruit Selection
Cooks' Ingredients Mixed Peel
Cooks' Ingredients Glacé Cherries
Cooks' Ingredients Crystallised Ginger
Edible gold leaf (optional)
1. Lay a sheet of non-stick baking parchment paper on each of 2 baking trays. Place the white and dark chocolate chunks in 2 separate heatproof bowls and place over pans of simmering water to melt. Once melted, stir until smooth and glossy.
2. Using a teaspoon, drop spoonfuls of melted chocolate onto the baking paper then, using the back of the spoon, smooth into circles roughly 5cm diameter. Repeat to make 12 discs (6 each of dark and white chocolate).
3. Once you have 12 discs, add toppings to the centre of each one: a nut and a few pieces of dried fruit per disc, to avoid overloading. Decorate with a little edible gold leaf, if using.
4. Transfer the trays to the fridge and chill for an hour before serving, or wrapping up in a gift box or bag. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 2 days.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus chilling
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes, plus chilling
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 19 ratings
This recipe was first published in November 2012.