- 50 ml vodka
- 200g fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 300 g sugar
Ginger Vodka Cocktail
- Put the vodka in the freezer and leave it overnight.
- Put the ginger in a saucepan with 1 litre water and the sugar. Stir over a low heat to dissolve the sugar, then simmer gently for 1 hour. Stir the mixture, cool, then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mix 25ml strained ginger syrup with the chilled vodka. Pour into a cocktail glass filled with crushed ice.
The ginger syrup will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Chill it with the ginger pieces still in it. It can also be used for marinades and baking.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes plus overnight chilling
- Cooking time: 1 hour, plus chilling
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 8 ratings
This recipe was first published in Mon Feb 01 00:00:00 GMT 2010.