- 50 ml vodka
- 200g fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 300 g sugar
Ginger Vodka Cocktail
- Preparation time: 5 minutes plus overnight chilling
- Cooking time: 1 hour, plus chilling
- Put the vodka in the freezer and leave it overnight.
- Put the ginger in a saucepan with 1 litre water and the sugar. Stir over a low heat to dissolve the sugar, then simmer gently for 1 hour. Stir the mixture, cool, then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mix 25ml strained ginger syrup with the chilled vodka. Pour into a cocktail glass filled with crushed ice.