source of folate
Gluten & dairy free bread
2 tsp Doves Farm Quick Yeast
1 tsp caster sugar
265g Doves Farm Free From Gluten White Bread Flour
30g Polenta Valsugana, plus extra for dusting
1 tbsp Doves Farm Free From Gluten Xanthan Gum
40g Waitrose Love Life Golden Linseeds
75g natural coconut yogurt
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Stir the yeast and caster sugar into 280ml lukewarm water then set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the flour, cornflour, polenta, xanthan gum, linseeds, 1 tsp fine salt and the yogurt in a food mixer fitted with a paddle. Turn the machine to a low setting and slowly pour in the yeast mixture. Increase the speed and continue to mix for a further 3-4 minutes to make a soft and sticky dough (it’s a much wetter dough at this stage compared to regular bread dough).
3. Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5. Dust the work surface and your hands with a little polenta and divide the dough into 2 equal pieces. Shape each half into a neat oval and place onto a dusted tray. Brush the tops with a little more oil and dust lightly with polenta. Cover with a clean tea towel and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes until slightly risen.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the loaves are risen, golden brown and feel hollow when tapped. Leave to cool completely on wire racks before slicing.
- Preparation time: 35 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Makes: 2 loaves
Typical values per serving:
31µg folic acid
Average user rating Based on 2 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Jun 23 12:26:00 BST 2016.