Save to your scrapbook
Gluten free chicken lettuce wraps with smoked chipotle mayonnaise
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
2 x 230g packs Waitrose British Chicken Gluten Free Breaded Breast Fillets
2 sweetcorn cobs
2 vine tomatoes, diced
1 avocado, peeled and diced
6 salad onions, trimmed and finely sliced
½ x 28g pack coriander, leaves roughly chopped
2 dolce verde lettuce hearts, trimmed and leaves separated
For the pickled onion:
100ml white wine vinegar
3 tbsp caster sugar
1 red onion, peeled, halved and finely sliced
For the smoked chipotle mayonnaise:
3 tsp Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Chipotle Paste
1 clove garlic, crushed
1) Preheat the oven to 220oC, gas mark 7. Heat the chicken according to pack instructions.
2) To make the pickled onion, place the vinegar and sugar into a small pan, stir until the sugar has dissolved and heat until warm but not boiling. Add the sliced red onions and leave to infuse.
3) Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the sweetcorn for 3 minutes, then drain. Heat a frying pan until very hot, and roll the sweetcorn over it for about 5 minutes, until blackened on the outside. Leave to cool.
4) To make the mayonnaise, mix together all the ingredients in a bowl and add the juice of half the lime.
5) Cut the chicken fillets into strips and arrange onto a plate. Cut the corn kernels from the sweetcorn and put them into a bowl.
6) Put the pickled onion, tomatoes, avocado, salad onions and coriander into bowls, and serve with the mayonnaise and the other half of the lime, cut into wedges. To serve, take a lettuce leaf and top with all the ingredients. Drizzle over the mayonnaise, roll up and enjoy.
This recipe was first published in Wed Dec 20 12:48:34 GMT 2017.