If you're looking for the perfect wine to match this dish, try Taboexa Albariño Rías - an interesting white from northern Spain with peachy floral notes.
Goat’s cheese parcels with thyme & honey
270g pack Jus-Rol Filo Pastry
3 x 100g packs Capricorn Goat’s Cheese
3 tbsp Spanish olive oil
½ x 20g pack fresh thyme leaves, stems removed
1 tbsp orange blossom honey
Bart Sweet Smoked Paprika, to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Remove the pastry from its packet, unroll and cut in half to make 12 squares. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside.
2. Cut the goat’s cheese in half across the middle, to make 6 discs. Take one square of filo, brush with olive oil, top with another square, brush again. Sprinkle the centre with thyme leaves, place a disc of cheese on top and fold up to make a square. Try not to overlap the pastry too much and trim where necessary. You need a thin layer of pastry but covered and concealed. Repeat with all the cheese.
3. Place on a baking sheet lined with non-stick paper and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden and crisp. Some cheese may escape but there will still be plenty in the parcel.
4. Place the parcels in a dish, drizzle with the honey, extra thyme and a good grind of cracked black pepper and sea salt and a sprinkle of sweet smoked paprika.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
Serves: 6 as tapas
Typical values per serving:
1g fibre, 13.2g protein
Average user rating Based on 4 ratings