- 4 essential Waitrose British Chicken Breast Escalopes (about 500g)
- 2 tbsp Waitrose Roasted Pepper & Almond Pesto
- 150g fine beans, topped and tailed, cut into lengths
- 250g pack Merchant Gourmet Ready To Eat Puy Lentils
- 1 bunch salad onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
Griddled chicken with a lemony lentil and green bean salad
- Brush the chicken escalopes with the pesto on both sides and cook on the barbecue, hot griddle or frying pan for about 8 minutes, turning once, until well browned, cooked through and there’s no pink meat.
- Meanwhile, cook the beans in boiling water for 5 minutes until tender, drain and refresh under cold water. Pat dry and place in a bowl with the lentils and sliced salad onions. Whisk together the oil, lemon juice and zest, cumin and seasoning. Pour over the lentils and mix to coat in the dressing. Serve with the chicken.
Any other leftover pesto works really well as an alternative to the roasted pepper and almond.
Try an Argentinian Pinot Grigio for something elegant, but with plenty of lush fruit and a delicious, delicate purity: Argento Pinot Grigio 2009 Mendoza Argentina.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 65 ratings
This recipe was first published in August 2010.