- 4 essential Waitrose British Chicken Breast Escalopes (about 500g)
- 2 tbsp Waitrose Roasted Pepper & Almond Pesto
- 150g fine beans, topped and tailed, cut into lengths
- 250g pack Merchant Gourmet Ready To Eat Puy Lentils
- 1 bunch salad onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
Griddled chicken with a lemony lentil and green bean salad
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- Brush the chicken escalopes with the pesto on both sides and cook on the barbecue, hot griddle or frying pan for about 8 minutes, turning once, until well browned, cooked through and there’s no pink meat.
- Meanwhile, cook the beans in boiling water for 5 minutes until tender, drain and refresh under cold water. Pat dry and place in a bowl with the lentils and sliced salad onions. Whisk together the oil, lemon juice and zest, cumin and seasoning. Pour over the lentils and mix to coat in the dressing. Serve with the chicken.