Turbot steaks make a great alternative. Simply cut in half before cooking.
Griddled Halibut Steaks with Tomato and Saffron Sauce
- 500g vine tomatoes
- 2 - 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sachet Bart Spices Saffron
- 2 tsp Waitrose Sun-Dried Tomato Paste
- 4 halibut steaks, each weighing about 125g
- 300g couscous
- 500g boiling water
- Pinch of caster sugar (optional)
- Rocket leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Toss the tomatoes in a little oil, season and roast for 10 minutes. Place in a food processor and blend until smooth, then press through a fine sieve into a pan. Add the saffron and tomato paste and heat gently.
- Heat a frying pan until hot, add a little of the olive oil, and fry the fish on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour the water over the couscous, season and leave for 5 minutes.
- Stir the remaining olive oil into the sauce and check seasoning adding a pinch of sugar, if needed. Spoon the couscous onto warmed plates, top with the halibut and drizzle over a little sauce. Garnish with rocket
Average user rating Based on 4 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Mar 01 00:00:00 GMT 2000.