- 120 g Waitrose Herb Salad
- 2 x 350g packs Waitrose British Rump Steak
- 1 ripe Sardinian plum tomato, roughly chopped
- 25 g toasted flaked almonds
- 290g jar Sacla Char-grilled Peppers Antipasto, drained
Griddled Steak With Pepper Sauce
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 7 minutes to 10 minutes
- Total time: 17 minutes to 20 minutes
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Season the steaks and fry in batches, if necessary, for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside in a warm place to rest.
- Return the frying pan to a medium heat. Make the pepper sauce by whizzing the tomato, almonds and peppers in a blender until smooth. Add to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until just simmering. Keep hot over a low heat.
- Thickly slice the steaks, stirring any of the steak resting juices into the sauce, and serve on 4 plates with a little of the pepper sauce and a handful of the herb salad.