This meal contains a wide range of vitamins and minerals and has a good calcium content from the fish. The oils provide long chain omega-6 fatty acids and the snapper is a semi-oily fish containing vital omega-3 fats.
Grilled Snapper with Coriander Chilli Noodles and Lime
- 1 tsp groundnut oil
- 4 red snapper fillets (about 150g each)
- 250g fine egg thread noodles
- 200g mangetout
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin diagonal slices
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 8 small or 4 large salad onions, chopped
- Good handful coriander leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat a grill or griddle pan over a high heat. Brush with the groundnut oil, and when hot, grill the fish fillets for 3-4 minutes, turning once, or till cooked all the way through but still moist.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to packet instructions. At the same time, steam the mangetout and carrot for 4-5 minutes in a steamer or metal sieve over a pan of boiling water.
- Toss the steamed vegetables in the sesame oil. Drain the noodles well and toss with the chillies, onions, coriander and lime juice. Serve the noodles, topped with the fish, with a side dish of the vegetables sprinkled with the sesame seeds (if using) and a little salt.
Suggestions for the rest of the day:
Breakfast: Bio yogurt with cantaloupe melon and black grapes.
Lunch: Mozzarella, tomato and basil wholemeal roll
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Protein: 40g; Carbohydrate: 52.5g; Fibre: 5g.
Average user rating Based on 3 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Jan 01 00:00:00 GMT 2004.