This vegetarian, middle-eastern inspired recipe is great as a side dish with roasted meats.
Harissa-roasted parsnips with yogurt dressing
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour
Serves: 4 as a side
750g small parsnips, halved lengthways
3 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp Cooks' Ingredients Ruby Rose Harissa
150ml natural yogurt
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 preserved lemons, flesh discarded and skin finely chopped
25g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Bring a large pan of water the boil. Add the parsnips, bring back to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Tip into a dry, clean tea towel and gently pat dry.
- Pour the oil into a large roasting tin and place in the oven for 5 minutes, until hot.
- Meanwhile, put the harissa into a large bowl and gently toss through the parsnips until coated. Tip into the hot oil and roast for 20-25 minutes, until crispy and golden.
- Place the yogurt in a small bowl, add the garlic and season generously. Put the parsnips onto a serving plate and drizzle the yogurt dressing over. Scatter over the preserved lemons and parsley to serve.