- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Mixed chopped fresh herbs
- 1 Garlic clove
- 20g Unsalted butter
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 seconds
- Break the eggs into a bowl and season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Chop each herb individually and scatter over the egg. Rub a knife with the garlic clove, then loosely mix the egg with the blade – it will impart a subtle flavour.
- Heat a 21cm omelette pan over a high flame, then add the butter, which will soon sizzle and turn a fine golden brown. Pour in the egg, shaking the pan as it meets the hot butter. When you see the omelette is starting to cook, tilt the pan away from you and, using a fork, gently pull the outer edges to the centre of the pan. Tilt towards you and follow the same procedure, drawing the egg into the centre of the pan.
- Repeat this process 2–3 times, or until the omelette is almost cooked (30 seconds will give you a runny omelette). Serve immediately