Recipe from Heston's happy Christmas - The great chef is sticking with tradition this year with spectacular turkey and tremendous trimmings all round - it’s the ultimate family feast.
Heston's parsnip chips recipe | Waitrose
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- 4 large parsnips, peeled and trimmed
- 750ml rapeseed oil
- Using a sharp potato peeler, cut the parsnips into long strips.
- Use the oil to fi ll a small saucepan about 5cm to 6cm deep; heat to 180C (or until a cube of bread turns brown in 30 seconds). Drop in strips of parsnip, a small handful at a time, making sure they are evenly submerged in oil.
- After about 1 minute, when the parsnips are golden brown and crisp, remove them using a slotted spoon and drain on a kitchen paper-lined tray.
- Season with salt and serve at once.
Copyright © Heston Blumenthal 2010