These quick and easy fishfingers, made with fresh cod and coated with pesto breadcrumbs, will become a family teatime favourite.
Homemade Herby Fishfingers with a Crunchy Crumb Coating
- 600g Waitrose Perfectly Balanced Oven Chips
- 450g Icelandic skinless cod fillets
- 100g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 20g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp Waitrose Tomato Pesto
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 250g Waitrose Garden Peas (frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Cut the fish into about 12 thick equally-sized strips.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parsley and tomato pesto together in a bowl until combined. Place the breadcrumb mixture, flour and beaten egg in 3 separate shallow bowls. Coat each piece of fish first in the flour, then in the egg and finally, roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the fishfingers on a non-stick baking sheet and cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden and crisp.
- Serve the fishfingers with oven chips and peas, cooked according to pack instructions.
Our recipe cards for children provide half or less than half of the Guideline Daily Amount (GDA) of calories, fat, saturated fat, salt and sugar for children aged between 5-10 years.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 19 ratings
This recipe was first published in Mon Jan 01 00:00:00 GMT 2007.