These quick and easy fishfingers, made with fresh cod and coated with pesto breadcrumbs, will become a family teatime favourite.
Homemade Herby Fishfingers with a Crunchy Crumb Coating
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
- 600g Waitrose Perfectly Balanced Oven Chips
- 450g Icelandic skinless cod fillets
- 100g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 20g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp Waitrose Tomato Pesto
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 250g Waitrose Garden Peas (frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Cut the fish into about 12 thick equally-sized strips.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parsley and tomato pesto together in a bowl until combined. Place the breadcrumb mixture, flour and beaten egg in 3 separate shallow bowls. Coat each piece of fish first in the flour, then in the egg and finally, roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the fishfingers on a non-stick baking sheet and cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden and crisp.
- Serve the fishfingers with oven chips and peas, cooked according to pack instructions.