100ml double cream
25g plain flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
60g golden caster sugar
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
8 tbsp clear honey
12 ripe apricots, halved
3-4 drops orange blossom water (optional)
Honey and ricotta flan with apricot compote
1. Preheat the oven to 150˚C, gas mark 2. Line the base and sides of a 23cm springform cake tin with baking parchment. In a large bowl, use a balloon whisk to mix together the ricotta, cream, eggs, flour, vanilla extract, sugar, cinnamon, a pinch of salt and 3 tbsp honey.
2. Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 50-55 minutes, until the cake is light golden and just firm in the centre when jiggled. Leave to cool in the tin on a wire rack. It will sink slightly as it cools. Cover and chill for 2-3 hours.
3. Meanwhile, increase the oven to 170˚C, gas mark 3. Put the apricot halves in a baking dish, cut-side up, and drizzle with the remaining 5 tbsp honey. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, until soft, but still holding their shape. Add the orange blossom water, if using, and set aside to cool, then chill until needed. Take the apricots out of the fridge 30 minutes before serving, with slices of the flan.
This recipe first appeared in Waitrose Food, August 2017 issue. Download the Waitrose Food app for the full issue
- Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus cooling and chilling
- Cooking time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 40 minutes, plus cooling and chilling
Typical values per serving:
Per serving 1427kJ
Average user rating Based on 0 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue Aug 01 11:53:01 BST 2017.