This is a quick and easy way to serve a roast for two. Perfect at the weekend or during the week.
Honey and mustard roast pork
250g new potatoes, halved or quartered
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
2 tbsp clear honey
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 pork fillet, about 400g
15g pack fresh sage, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5. Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain thoroughly. Meanwhile, mix together the olive oil, mustard, honey, garlic and some seasoning.
- Place the pork in a small roasting tin and arrange the potatoes around it. Spoon or brush the mustard mixture over the pork and scatter the sage over. Roast for 35-40 minutes, until the pork is thoroughly cooked and there is no pink meat, and the potatoes are golden and tender.
- Remove the pork to a carving board and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, add 1-2 tablespoons boiling water to the roasting juices in the tin and stir to incorporate, then bring back to the boil. Slice the pork and serve with the sauce, the potatoes and some steamed Chantenay carrots.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes to 40 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes to 50 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 318 ratings
This recipe was first published in May 2005.