- 1.20 kg Duchy Originals From Waitrose Organic British Free Range Pork Boneless Leg Joint
- 2 tbsp Duchy Originals From Waitrose Organic Wholegrain Mustard With Honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 500 ml Duchy Originals From Waitrose Organic Hereford Reserve Dry Cider
Honey and Mustard roast pork with rosemary and cider squash
- With a small sharp knife remove the skin from the pork joint as set aside. Place the pork on a sheet of foil large enougn to wrap the joint. Mix the honey mustard with the oil and seasoning and smear over the meat. Wrap and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4. Unwrap the joint and place in a large roasting tin. Cover loosely with the foil and roast for 1 1/2 hours. Meanwhile, to make the crackling, cut the skin into long strips with scissors. Place them in the oven on the shelf above the pork and cook for 30-35 minutes.
- Uncover the pork and add the squash to the roasting tin around the pork. Sprinkle with the rosemary and seasoning and pour the cider over. Return to the oven for 30 minutes, basting regularly until the squash is nearly tender and pork cooked through. Transfer the pork to a warm serving plate and leave to rest. Return the squash to the oven for 10-15 minutes til tender. To serve, slice the pork thinly and serve with the squash, the crackling strips and pan juices.
For a quicker alternative without the crackling, use Duchy Originals From Waitrose Organic Pork Chops. Marinate 8 pork chops in the honey mustard and oil mix. Preheat the oven and omit the remaining parts of Step 2. Unwrap the pork chops, add the squash, then continue with Step 3.
- Preparation time: 15 mins plus marinating
- Cooking time: 2 hours 15 mins
- Total time: 2 hours 30 mins
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 4 ratings
This recipe was first published in September 2010.