Children love creating their own meals. These tacos, with their colourful filling, are fun to assemble and eat, full of goodness and low in salt.
Honey-Glazed Chicken Tacos with Mango Rice
- 400g pack Waitrose British Chicken Chunks, each piece cut in half
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 8 Discovery Mexican Taco Shells
- 1 tsp Bart Meat Seasoning
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small courgette, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1 ripe mango, stoned and chopped
- 50g Waitrose Grated Medium Cheddar
- 4 tbsp Waitrose Reduced Fat Soured Cream
- 200g wholegrain rice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Cook the rice according to pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan or wok and cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes, stirring in the meat seasoning, until the chicken starts to colour.
- Add the pepper and courgette and continue cooking for a further 7-8 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the honey and allow to bubble for 1 minute to coat the ingredients.
- Place the taco shells directly on the oven shelf and heat through for 2-3 minutes. Stir the mango pieces into the rice. Pile the chicken mixture into the taco shells and top with a little cheese and soured cream. Serve with the mango rice.
Add your children’s favourite vegetables to the chicken mixture, or add peas or beans to the rice instead of mango.
Serve with a refreshing glass of Waitrose Pressed Apple & Mango Juice.
Our children’s recipe cards provide 50 per cent or less of the Guideline Daily Amount (GDA) of calories, fat, saturated fat, salt and sugar for children aged 5-10 years. For more information visit waitrose.com/nutrition
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 56 ratings
This recipe was first published in Sat Dec 01 00:00:00 GMT 2007.