Children love creating their own meals. These tacos, with their colourful filling, are fun to assemble and eat, full of goodness and low in salt.
Honey-Glazed Chicken Tacos with Mango Rice
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- 400g pack Waitrose British Chicken Chunks, each piece cut in half
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 8 Discovery Mexican Taco Shells
- 1 tsp Bart Meat Seasoning
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small courgette, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1 ripe mango, stoned and chopped
- 50g Waitrose Grated Medium Cheddar
- 4 tbsp Waitrose Reduced Fat Soured Cream
- 200g wholegrain rice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Cook the rice according to pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan or wok and cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes, stirring in the meat seasoning, until the chicken starts to colour.
- Add the pepper and courgette and continue cooking for a further 7-8 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the honey and allow to bubble for 1 minute to coat the ingredients.
- Place the taco shells directly on the oven shelf and heat through for 2-3 minutes. Stir the mango pieces into the rice. Pile the chicken mixture into the taco shells and top with a little cheese and soured cream. Serve with the mango rice.