Fresh figs are exotic, beautiful and good for you, too. They contain fibre and vitamin B6.
9 large, ripe figs, halved
1 tsp butter
1 tbsp clear honey
1 orange, grated zest and juice
200g 0% fat-free Greek yogurt
60g shelled unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Place the figs into a shallow baking tray lined with baking paper. Dot the figs with the butter. Mix the honey and orange juice in a small bowl, then pour over the figs.
2. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until sticky and soft.
3. While the figs are baking, place the Greek yogurt into a small bowl, add the zest of the orange and mix together.
4. To serve, divide the figs among 6 bowls and serve with a dollop of orange Greek yogurt and a sprinkling of chopped pistachios.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 29 ratings
This recipe was first published in September 2011.