This luxurious sauce is fabulous with vanilla or white chocolate ice cream. It can be stored in the fridge for at least a week.
Hot Fudge Sauce
- 125g Waitrose Continental Plain Chocolate or Green & Black's Maya Gold Chocolate
- 125g butter
- 175g sugar
- 50ml cold water
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla essence or the seeds scraped from a whole vanilla pod
- Combine all the ingredients except the vanilla in a heavy-based saucepan. Heat gently over a low heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Turn up the heat and bring the sauce to the boil. Reduce the heat and continue to boil gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla essence or seeds.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
Average user rating Based on 5 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Mar 01 00:00:00 GMT 2001.