A fun twist on a festive favourite, with all the taste and ingredients of a traditional trifle frozen into an ice cream terrine and cut into slices to serve.
Iced Christmas Trifle Slice with Toasted Almond Topping
- Preparation time: 10 mins, plus 4-5 hours freezing and 15 mins standing
- Total time: 10 mins, plus 4-5 hours freezing and 15 mins standing
2 tbsp Waitrose Toasted Flaked Almonds, plus a handful for decorating
½ x 284ml pot Waitrose whipping cream
½ x 500g pot Waitrose Fresh Vanilla Custard
2 tbsp brandy
¼ x 450g tub Yeo Valley Organic Summer Fruits Compote, plus extra for decorating
½ x 160g pack Waitrose Trifle Sponges
2 tsp SuperJam Raspberry and Cranberry 100% Pure Fruit Spread
- Line a 450g small loaf tin (approx 9cm x 21cm and 6cm deep) with baking parchment or clingfilm. Scatter the almonds evenly over the base.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the cream in a large bowl until thick. Fold in the custard and brandy.
- Spoon the custard mixture into the prepared tin. Drizzle the fruit compote over the top. Spread one side of the trifle sponges with the fruit spread and place, spread-side down, in a snug-fitting line in the tin, trimming them to fit if necessary. Press them down gently into the custard.
- Cover the tin carefully with clingfilm and place in the freezer for 4-5 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer and leave to stand for 15 minutes before turning out. Sprinkle a few toasted almond flakes over the top and drizzle with the extra fruit compote before serving.