These sweet canapés are great for Christmas parties or after dinner with coffee.
170ml pot double cream
¼ x 500g pot Waitrose seriously creamy Madagascan Vanilla custard
25g Waitrose loVe life dried cranberries & Macadamia nuts
25g loVe life Pistachios
50g rose-flavoured Turkish delight, from a 325g pack sultans Rose & lemon Flavoured Turkish delight
1 tbsp Vito curatolo arini dry Marsala
2 x 150g packs Cooks’ Homebaking White chocolate
Cooks’ Homebaking silver stardust (optional)
1. Whip the cream until just starting to thicken but not yet holding its shape, then gently fold in the custard. Roughly chop the dried fruit, nuts and Turkish delight and stir into the mixture with the Marsala. Pour into a plastic container, cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.
2. Remove the ice cream from the freezer and leave to soften for 10 minutes. Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Dip a melon baller or a semi-circular measuring spoon into some hot water, then scoop up some ice cream to make a ball. Use a teaspoon to ease the ice cream ball onto the prepared tray. Repeat to make 24 balls, well spaced on the tray. Freeze for a further 2-3 hours or until firm.
3. Gently melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time at medium power. Alternatively, place in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Leave to cool slightly.
4. Use 2 forks to dip and roll a ball of ice cream into the chocolate, allowing any excess to drip away. Sprinkle quickly with silver stardust, if using, then place back on the parchment-lined tray. Repeat with the remaining balls, working as quickly as possible and leaving them well spaced apart – the chocolate will set almost immediately. Return the tray to the freezer and leave for at least 10 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes plus standing and cooling time
- Cooking time: Freeze for at least 6 hours
Typical values per serving:
1.5g protein, 0.2 fibre per snowball
Average user rating Based on 23 ratings