LOVE life: low in saturated fat
Indian-spiced mackerel with carrot mash
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
1kg carrots, cut into 2cm pieces
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
4 mackerel fillets, defrosted if frozen
3 tbsp The Spice Tailor tomato, garlic & chilli chutni
½ cucumber, grated
7 tbsp low fat Greek style yogurt
1 lime, juice of ½ , ½ in wedges
½ red onion, finely diced
1 green chilli, deseeded and finely diced
½ x 28g pack coriander, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C, gas mark 6. Toss the carrots with the oil and cumin, season and spread on a foil-lined baking tray. Roast for 40 minutes, until golden. Meanwhile, rub the fish with the chutney; set aside.
2. Squeeze the grated cucumber to get rid of any excess water, then mix in a bowl with the yogurt, lime juice, onion and chilli; season.
3. Remove the carrots from the oven and heat the grill to high. Grill the mackerel for 2 minutes on each side. Crush the carrots with a fork, mix in the coriander and divide between plates. Top with the mackerel, spoon over the yogurt, and serve with lime wedges.