Italian salami & olive stuffed mushrooms
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
275g pack Waitrose 4 Portabella Mushrooms
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
25g pine nuts
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
50g Waitrose Italian Taggiasca Olives, pitted and roughly chopped
50g ciabatta breadcrumbs
½ x 81g pack Waitrose Italian Salami With Fennel
70g pack wild rocket
25g Parmigiano Reggiano, shaved
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Cut the stalks off
the mushrooms and place open side up on a baking tray. Chop
up the stalks.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan, and fry the chopped stalks, onion and pine nuts for 4-5 minutes. Add half the tomatoes and all the olives, and fry for a further 2-3 minutes. Stir in the breadcrumbs and season.
3. Place 2 slices of salami on each of the mushrooms, then spoon on the breadcrumb mixture and bake for 15 minutes.
4. Toss the rocket with the remaining tomatoes and oil, add the Parmigiano Reggiano, and serve with the stuffed mushrooms.