An easy oven bake with rosemary and new potatoes
Italian chicken with artichokes
- 100ml dry white wine
- 8 essential Waitrose British chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g essential Waitrose new potatoes
- 2 essential Waitrose red onions
- 10g rosemary sprigs
- 2 x 175g tubs artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6. Put the chicken in a roasting tin, trickle over the oil; season well. Turn to coat.
- Quarter the potatoes and cut each onion into eight lengthways; stir these in with the chicken and rosemary sprigs, together with the halved artichokes. Quarter the lemon lengthways, squeeze over its juice and mix the quarters in with the chicken and vegetables.
- Trickle over the wine and lightly season. Place in the oven to bake for 40 minutes, turning halfway through. Squeeze over any remaining juice of the roasted lemons and serve.
The lively fresh fruit of the Zenato Villa Flora from Veneto in Italy makes it an ideal match.
Bin number: 83422
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 41 ratings
This recipe was first published in June 2010.