Quick, cheap, healthy and satisfying - perfect post-gym food for new year's resolutions.
Josh's easy pasta
- Total time: 15 minutes
2 small or 1 large carrot
220g dried penne pasta
1 red pepper
1 jar Waitrose arrabiata sauce
Some cheese to top
- Chop the onions finely and soften in the bottom of a saucepan
- Add the arrabiata sauce
- Chop the carrots and pepper and add to the arrabiata sauce
- Cook the pasta while the sauce and veg are cooking
- Drain the pasta, split into two bowls and put the arrabiata sauce on top. Grate a bit of cheese on top
- If you're feeling energetic, you can make your own tomato sauce. Fry half a finely-chopped fresh chilli or a teaspoon of dried chilli flakes in some oil, add a clove of garlic (crushed), the onion, and then use 300ml or so of passata or sieved tomatoes. Add a few herbs and seasoning to taste and carry on from step 3.