Karen Burns-Booth is the food blogger behind Lavender And Lovage
Karen Burns-Booth's butter chicken curry
125ml Waitrose Duchy Organic Low Fat Natural Yogurt
3 cloves Waitrose Duchy Organic Garlic, crushed
2.5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
2 tsp organic ground cumin
2 tsp organic ground coriander
½ tsp garam masala
½ tsp organic turmeric
¼ tsp chilli powder
4 Waitrose Duchy Organic Free Range British Chicken Breast Fillets, cut into chunks (about 600g)
25g Waitrose Duchy Organic English Salted Butter
1 Waitrose Duchy Organic Onion, diced
4 tbsp Waitrose Duchy Organic Tomato Purée
125ml organic chicken stock
125ml organic double cream
Fresh coriander, to garnish
1. Mix the yogurt, garlic, ginger and spices together in a large bowl. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours, or preferably overnight.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat, and sauté the onion for 5 minutes until soft. Add the chicken and marinade to the pan and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes, until the chicken starts to become opaque.
3. Add the tomato purée and stock to the pan. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the chicken is thoroughly cooked, the juices run clear and there is no pink meat.
4. Stir in the cream and simmer for a further 5 minutes then season. Scatter over the coriander sprigs and serve with basmati rice or naan bread, if desired.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes + marinating
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes + marinating
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 9 ratings
This recipe was first published in Mon Sep 04 09:07:00 BST 2017.