1 tbsp oil
225g pack The Spice Tailor Keralan Coconut Curry
1 pack 4 pork leg escalopes
250g natural yogurt
2 tbsp chopped coriander
100g cucumber, grated
1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
1 tsp black mustard seeds
2 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Crispy Fried Onions
1 pack Waitrose 1 Dolce Verde Lettuce Hearts, shredded
Keralan pork with Indian salad
- Preparation time: 15 minutes + marinating
- Cooking time: 5 minutes to 8 minutes
- Total time: 20 to 23 minutes + marinating
1 tbsp oil
1. Heat the oil in a small pan and fry the dry spices from the curry pack for 30 seconds. Pour into a mixing bowl and add 3 tbsp of the curry paste. Add the pork to evenly coat and marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the remaining curry paste for 1-2 minutes and stir into 100g yogurt with the coriander. Set aside.
3. Cook the pork on a barbecue or griddle pan for 5-6 minutes, turning once or until the pork is cooked throughout with no pink meat and the juices run clear.
4. Mix together the cucumber, remaining 150g yogurt, spices and fried onion, and toss into the shredded lettuce. Serve with the pork with the Keralan sauce spooned over or in a bowl.