Kimberly shares her love for plant-based food in her blog The Little Plantation.
Kimberly Espinel’s peanut butter pretzel sundae
4 ripe Waitrose Duchy Organic Fairtrade Bananas
2 tbsp Waitrose Duchy Organic Smooth Peanut Butter, plus 2 tbsp for serving
100g Waitrose Duchy Organic Strawberries, hulled, plus extra for serving
6 salted pretzels, very roughly crushed
1 square organic 85% dark chocolate, grated (or 2 tsp organic cacao nibs)
Waitrose Duchy Organic Canadian Maple Syrup, to drizzle
1. Peel and slice the bananas. Place in a food bag and freeze overnight.
2. To make ice cream, put the frozen bananas in a food processor or blender together with the peanut butter; blend until smooth. Spoon into a freezeproof container and freeze for 30-60 minutes, or until firm.
3. Meanwhile, place the hulled strawberries into a jug or container and purée with a stick blender until smooth.
4. When ready to serve, layer scoops of banana ice cream into 2 sundae glasses, with the strawberry purée, extra peanut butter, crushed pretzels, chocolate (or cacao nibs) and maple syrup. Top with the extra strawberries and serve immediately.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes + freezing
- Total time: 15 minutes + freezing
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 0 ratings