Bring a taste of Spain to your cooking with these dishes of tapas, flavoured with sherry, of course!
King Prawns in Sherry and Tomato Sauce
- 250g Jersey Royal New Potatoes, scrubbed and thickly sliced
- 25g Lurpak Butter with Crushed Garlic
- 200g pack Anchor Seafoods Raw Peeled King Prawns, defrosted
- 1 pack Waitrose Pome Dei Moro Tomatoes, washed and quartered
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- 4 tbsp Waitrose Fino Sherry
- 1 tbsp double cream or crème fraîche (optional)
- ½ pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Bring the potatoes to the boil in a pan of water and cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside until needed.
- Melt the garlic butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat, then add the prawns, tomatoes and sugar. Increase the heat to high and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the prawns are just cooked, pink and opaque.
- Add the sherry and potatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes. Mix in the cream or crème fraîche, if using, and season. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve hot with bread, such as Waitrose Spanish-style Seeded Pan Gallego, to mop up the sauce.
If you prefer, use button mushrooms instead of prawns. Simply fry the mushrooms in the garlic butter in Step 2, then continue with the remaining ingredients. Cook the potatoes up to 1 day in advance. Coverand chill until needed.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
Serves: 4 as a starter
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 8 ratings
This recipe was first published in Sat May 01 01:00:00 BST 2004.