No need to phone the takeaway when The Spice Tailor can help you create something delicious in your own kitchen instead. Ready in just 35 minutes, you’ll definitely be coming back for seconds of this flavour-packed rice dish.
Lamb & chickpea rice
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
1 tsp sunflower oil
1 pack The Spice Tailor Rustic Rogan Josh
250g diced lamb leg steak
1 large carrot, diced
1 onion, chopped
300g basmati rice
700ml hot lamb or chicken stock
400g can essential Waitrose Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
150ml natural yogurt
2 tbsp The Spice Tailor Sweet Tamarind Chutni
1 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Crispy Fried Onions
1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the spices from the curry pack for 20 seconds. Add the lamb, carrot and onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened, then add the base sauce and cook for a further 3 minutes.
2. Stir in the rice, stock, chickpeas and the main rogan Josh sauce then cover and cook gently for 12 –15 minutes until the rice is tender.
3. Meanwhile, ripple together the yogurt and tamarind chutni with a teaspoon.
4. Scatter the crispy onions and coriander leaves over the rice, and take the large saucepan to the table, or serve in four shallow bowls. Serve with a spoonful of the tamarind yogurt.