1 tbsp oil
1 onion, sliced
500g diced lamb leg steaks
75g pine nuts
4 tsp rose harissa paste
400ml lamb stock
400g can chopped tomatoes
125g dried apricots, halved
50g pitted green olives, halved
2 Belazu Preserved Lemons, flesh removed and skin sliced
400g can chick peas, drained and rinsed
28g coriander, chopped
Lamb & pine nut tagine
1 tbsp oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion, lamb and pine nuts for 5 minutes until browned. Add the harissa and cook for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the stock, tomatoes, apricots, olives and lemons and bring to the boil. Transfer to a casserole dish, cover and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Stir in the chick peas, re-cover and cook for a further 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place the couscous in a bowl and pour over 300ml boiling water, cover with clingfilm and leave for 5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork and stir in the coriander and season. Serve with the tagine.
Cook to the end of step 2, then allow the tagine to cool completely, then freeze. To reheat, place in a large saucepan and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until hot throughout, adding a splash of water if required. Make the couscous while the tagine is reheating.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 2 hours
- Total time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 2 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue Dec 08 11:54:00 GMT 2015.