1 tbsp oil
1 onion, sliced
500g diced lamb leg steaks
75g pine nuts
4 tsp rose harissa paste
400ml lamb stock
400g can chopped tomatoes
125g dried apricots, halved
50g pitted green olives, halved
2 Belazu Preserved Lemons, flesh removed and skin sliced
400g can chick peas, drained and rinsed
28g coriander, chopped
Lamb & pine nut tagine
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 2 hours
- Total time: 2 hours 15 minutes
1 tbsp oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion, lamb and pine nuts for 5 minutes until browned. Add the harissa and cook for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the stock, tomatoes, apricots, olives and lemons and bring to the boil. Transfer to a casserole dish, cover and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Stir in the chick peas, re-cover and cook for a further 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place the couscous in a bowl and pour over 300ml boiling water, cover with clingfilm and leave for 5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork and stir in the coriander and season. Serve with the tagine.