LOVE life recipe: source of iron
Lamb skewers with mixed grains and baba ganoush
2 lamb steaks (about 200g), trimmed of excess fat and sinew
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 lemon, zest and juice
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp tahini
250g pack LOVE life quinoa, chickpeas, bulgar wheat and rice
½ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, stalks finely chopped, leaves torn
½ x 20g pack dill, stalks and leaves roughly chopped
pomegranate seeds, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C, gas mark 6. Piercethe aubergine all over with a fork and bake for 35-40 minutes, until blackened. Put in a bowl, cover with cling film and leave for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, dice each lamb steak into 5 equal pieces and mix in a bowl with 1 crushed garlic clove, ½ the lemon juice and 1 tsp oil. Leave to marinate for at least 20 minutes. Thread onto 2 skewers (pre-soaked in water if wooden). Cook on a hot griddle (or barbecue) for 8-10 minutes, turning often, until cooked through.
3. Halve the aubergine and scoop the flesh into a food processor (discard the skin). Add the tahini and remaining garlic and lemon juice. Blend until smooth; season. Cook the grains according to pack instructions; toss with the lemon zest, herbs and remaining 1 tsp oil. Serve the lamb with the grains and baba ganoush; scatter with the pomegranate seeds.
LOVE life quinoa, chickpeas, bulgar wheat and rice
These handy, ready-cooked mixed grains are packed full of fibre.
This recipe first appeared in Waitrose Kitchen magazine. myWaitrose members can download the Waitrose Kitchen app edition for FREE. Find out more.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus marinating and steaming
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour, plus marinating and steaming
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 2 ratings
This recipe was first published in Fri May 01 14:11:37 BST 2015.