A recipe you can make in advance is always a good idea on special occasions. Prepare this the day before and gently reheat to serve. Great served in dainty espresso cups as a canapé too.
Leek and white bean soup
1 tbsp olive oil
1 leek, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
175g King Edward potatoes, peeled and diced
410g can essential Waitrose Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
500ml hot Cooks' Ingredients Vegetable Stock
2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tsp Waitrose Cooks' Ingredients Truffle-Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Warm the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook the leek and garlic for 5 minutes until softened. Add the potato, beans, hot stock and 100ml hot water.
- Bring to the boil then cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes until the vegetables are very tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove and reserve about a quarter of the vegetables. Purée the contents of the pan with a hand blender. Return the reserved vegetables to the pan and stir in the chopped parsley.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and drizzle over the truffle oil. Serve warm.
Try stirring 1–2 tbsp of cream in with the parsley for a creamy finish. This soup will freeze for up to a month. Thaw fully and reheat thoroughly before serving.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2, as a starter
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 20 ratings
This recipe was first published in Sun Nov 01 00:00:00 GMT 2009.