Give your Brussels sprouts a make-over this Christmas with this delicious vegetarian recipe.
Lemon and sage-buttered Brussels
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
- Total time: 18-20 minutes
600g fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and any larger ones cut with an 'X' in the base
150g pack LOVE Life Pecans
50g butter, softened
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
2 tbsp chopped sage
Zest and juice 1/2 lemon
- Cooks the Brussels sprouts in boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until just tender. Drain and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, dry-fry the pecans for 1-2 minutes until golden. Set aside.
- Mix together the butter, chilli, sage, lemon zest and juice. Season well. Stir into the hot sprouts with the toasted pecans.