- 8 Waitrose Chicken Thigh Fillets
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 300ml hot chicken stock
- 100 g clear honey
- 150 g bulgar wheat
- 2 tbsp sorrel or flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Lemon And Honey Chicken
- Season the chicken, add to a hot frying pan and cook for 5 minutes, turning halfway, until browned. Discard the fat.
- Mix half the zest with the juice, stock and honey. Pour round the chicken, bring to boil then simmer for 20 mins or until chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, place the bulgar wheat in a pan with 650ml boiling water. Simmer for 15 minutes, covered, until tender. Drain well, pressing out any excess water, then stir in the sorrel. Divide between plates and serve the chicken and sauce alongside.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 22 ratings
This recipe was first published in Sun Mar 01 00:00:00 GMT 2009.