This cheesecake, made with Greek yogurt and honey, makes a delicious end to a meal. For an alternative base you could use ginger biscuits or Swiss-style muesli instead of the digestive biscuits.
Lemon Cheesecake with Greek Yogurt and Honey
- The base:
- 175g Waitrose Digestive Biscuits, crushed
- 75g St. Ivel English Unsalted Butter, melted
- 25g Waitrose Demerara Sugar
- The cheesecake topping:
- 1 x 200g pack Waitrose Full Fat Soft Cheese
- 4tbsp Waitrose Greek Honey
- 1 x 150g pot Total Light Authentic Greek Strained Yogurt
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1 x 142ml pot Waitrose Fresh Double Cream
- Lightly grease the base of a 20cm round loose-bottomed cake tin. Make the cheesecake base by combining the biscuit crumbs, butter and demerara sugar. Press the mixture evenly over the base of the tin with the back of a spoon. Leave in the refrigerator to chill while preparing the cheesecake topping.
- Place the soft cheese, honey and yogurt in a bowl and beat well, using an electric hand whisk or balloon whisk, until the mixture is thoroughly combined. Stir in the lemon juice and zest.
- Add the cream and continue whisking carefully at a low speed until the mixture becomes the consistency of lightly whipped cream.
- Pour the mixture over the biscuit base and leave in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight, until the cheesecake has set.
- Transfer to a serving plate and decorate simply with shavings of lemon zest or seasonal fruit.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes plus 4 hours chilling
- Total time: 4 hours 20 minutes
Serves: 6 - 8
Average user rating Based on 27 ratings
This recipe was first published in Sat Aug 01 01:00:00 BST 1998.