A circle of sole fillets filled with vegetables makes an elegant choice for a special meal for two. Double up the ingredients for an impressive dinner party dish.
Lemon Sole Baskets with Mediterranean Vegetables
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 12 minutes
- Total time: 32 minutes
- 2 whole lemon sole fillets, approximately 175g - 200g each
- 2tbsp Waitrose Sundried Tomato & Olive Tapenade
- 1tbsp Waitrose Olive Oil
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ green pepper, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 12 Waitrose Spanish Pitted Green Olives Stuffed with Anchovies, diced
- 12 Fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Skin and halve the sole fillets lengthways to make four fillets. Spread the tapenade on one side of the fillets.
- Take each fillet and place both ends together to form a hollow ring, with the tapenade side facing inwards. Secure with a cocktail stick and place on a greased baking tray.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the remaining ingredients. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Spoon the vegetable mixture into each circle of fish and bake in a preheated oven 200°C, gas mark 6 for 10-12 minutes until the fish is cooked. Remove from the baking tray by sliding a fish slice underneath and place onto a serving plate.
- Serve with Waitrose Fresh Napoletana Sauce, buttered green beans and new potatoes.