1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4 and line a 900g non-stick loaf tin with baking parchment.
2. Using an electric hand whisk, beat together the olive spread and sugar in a large bowl until pale and fluffy. Then beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl mash the bananas, then stir into the liquid mixture with the chopped dates.
4. Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and fold into the banana mixture. Spoon into the loaf tin and level the surface.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes, covering with foil if the top is turning too brown. The loaf is ready when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave the bread to cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes before turning out and cooling on a wire rack.