Save to your scrapbook
Pea and cauliflower frittata
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
1 of your 5 a day
Rich folic acid
1 cauliflower, broken into small florets
100g frozen peas
6 large Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
Bunch salad onions, thinly sliced
1 tsp toasted cumin seeds, lightly crushed
25g white breadcrumbs
Olive oil spray
50g essential Waitrose Greek Light Salad Cheese, crumbled
1. Cook the cauliflower in a pan of boiling water for 8-10 minutes until just tender, adding the peas for the last minute. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, beat the eggs then stir in the salad onions, cumin and breadcrumbs. Stir in the cooked cauliflower and peas.
3. Lightly spray a 22cm non-stick frying pan with oil and pour in the egg mixture. Cook on the lowest heat for 12 minutes until almost set then scatter over the cheese.
4. Preheat the grill to medium and cook the top of the frittata for 4-5 minutes (make sure the pan handle doesn’t get too hot) until golden and completely cooked all the way through.
5. Slip the frittata out of the pan and onto a board. Cut into wedges and serve.
Try using other green vegetables in your frittata, such as frozen baby broad beans, leeks and asparagus tips.
Typical values per serving:
3.7g fibre, 21.1g protein, 54mg vitamin C, 150μg folic acid
This recipe was first published in Thu Jan 30 14:41:00 GMT 2014.