This easy to make recipe is perfect for all the family.
Olive oil spray
300g essential Waitrose British extra lean minced beef
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 celery stick, finely diced
1 medium courgette, finely diced
150ml red wine
2 carrots, grated
400g can essential Waitrose chopped tomatoes
2 fresh bay leaves
1 tbsp tomato purée
150ml Cooks’ Ingredients beef stock
250g essential Waitrose macaroni
2 tbsp essential Waitrose lighter mature grated cheese
1. Spray a large non-stick saucepan with olive oil and cook the mince, onion, garlic, celery and courgette for 10 minutes until lightly coloured. Break up the mince with a wooden spoon.
2. Pour in the red wine and bubble for 2-3 minutes. Add the carrot, tomatoes, bay leaves, tomato purée and stock, and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat, partly cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Remove the lid and cook for 15-20 minutes until the mince is tender and the sauce has thickened.
4. Meanwhile, cook the macaroni according to pack instructions and drain. Mix the cooked macaroni with the bolognese and tip into a large ovenproof dish. Scatter with the cheese and grill for 5 minutes, or until golden and bubbling on top.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 60 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 45 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue Jan 08 08:59:00 GMT 2013.